Saturday, April 11, 2015

Shelter Re-model

Today me (Erin), my brother (Ronny) and my dad (Ron) all started to work on the goat shelter remodel, and I thought you guys would be interested in seeing how the goats live. Currently I do not like the shelter situation but it has been nice out but it's starting to get cold again (weird). The current shelter was chewed on by the last property owners horses and it is pretty old as well. But all the wood holding it together will not go to waste either we are in the process of setting up a goat enrichment playground.


The new shelter will be made out of half of an old hay barn that we aren't using anymore. (the white building there is an awning you can't see that we are using)


Our new shelter plans are pretty cool we have plans for a milking area and a kidding stall. Which will both come in handy this summer and fall. There isn't much to look at right now but I will try to add pictures for you guys tomorrow.




The goats already testing it out


Shangri-la judging us

We will be finishing the sides and stalls thursday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment